Thursday, April 2, 2009

Free at Last!

Well, almost. Troy had most of the wires taken out yesterday. They left a few pieces in his mouth for 2 more weeks. He has to exercise his mouth so that it doesn't get locked shut...he's not overly thrilled about this...he says it hurts tremendously. The doctors did say he needed to see an orthopedic doctor...he has a torn rotator cuff in his shoulder and his neck has a fracture or hairline fracture. He is working daily with a physical therapist on walking etc... He's doing great, but has a long way to go. I saw a picture of him today and was so glad to see the feeding tube gone! That had to bother the heck out of him...it would me! It was through his nose...couldn't they find a better place than that! I am very proud of him, he just needs to keep his chin up and thank god every day that he has made it this far. He will be moving over to TIRR soon and should be there approximately 2 weeks. Then on to the Broussard Chateaux! I wish it was me moving in and having them take care of me....I know i'd get fed really good. I may just have to go visit on a regular basis so I can get pampered too! I spoke with Troy last night and he seemed happy to get all the stuff out of his mouth...I can't wait to go see him again! I also want to thank one of his nurses Charlie for being so good to Troy, he is keeping his mind busy with things like boggle, puzzles and of course black jack... Troy when your all better we'll take a family vaca. to Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones